Indus Tree Crafts Foundation
I Pachchai Exhibitions - Bangalore
I. Pachchai exhibition - at Safina Plaza, Bangalore
This exhibition was organised during November 24 - 30, 2003 in association with Small Industies Development Bank of India (SIDBI), Bangalore. 12 NGOs including Indus Tree participated in this first exhibition.
Total sales of 12 participants for 7 days is Rs. 5,84,463
Publicity & Promotion
Publicity poster of Pachchai - 2003
Article on Pachchai on Deccan Herald - November 20, 2003 http://www.deccanherald.com/deccanherald/nov20/metro11.asp
1. Targeted customers through mailers: 4 mailing lists were used and 4000 mailers were sent out on the 19th-20th Nov. The mailing list targeted craft lovers, socialites, and house wives.
5. Coverage on What’s up Bangalore: FM Radio city
6. Contacted bulk buyers to visit and directly place orders with the NGOs.
Benefits of the exhibition
1. Most of the NGOs got linkages with more bulk buyers.
2. The feedback from the market is taken into consideration by NGOs to improve their product range, colour combinations and diversifying into new products.
3. Ten participating NGOs were from places like Kodaikanal, Sandur, Anegundi, Etikopaka, Bijapur, Yellamma (A.P), etc. For such organisations an exposure to the Bangalore market was an eye opener in terms of increased sales and constructive feedback.
4. Under one roof the customer was exposed to various crafts of southern India in terms of skills, product range, material, etc.
5. The organisers have developed a strong mailing list through this exhibition which is a resourceful information for future events like these.
6. Press release of the event led to publicity for the NGOs and generating an awareness among the customer groups.
for trade enquiries please visit Indus Tree Crafts Pvt. Ltd.